Wednesday, January 21
Subject:

Church

Church, a word used so much to talk about a building yet, Church is far from just a building. I've been reading a lot from the Bible on what the Church means and what exactly it is. I'm reading in 1 Corinthians right now and it's talking about the body of Christ, or the Church body of Christ which is the Church worldwide of every believer. It talks about how the Church is just like a human body, "If the foot should say, 'Because I am not a hand, i do not belong to the body,' it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body." (1 Cor. 12:15) This is such a great point to realize because the Church is not just a building, but there still is a local Church. God's people are supposed to come together and unite as one to become THE Church and we can do that through our local Churches. If you think that you don't have what it takes to be a part of the Church and the cause of Christ to build God's kingdom, then maybe you just are a foot wanting to be a hand. Ya, that looked like nonsense, but think about it... In 1 Cor. 12:15, that you just read, God's word specifically tells us that just because a foot wants to be a hand doesn't mean it should cease to belong. And isn't that the goal? To make people feel like, when they enter the local Church, that they can belong and be a part of something bigger than themselves? God wants us to realize that we are the body of Christ through the common factor of believers, but we also need to build up our physical, local Churches so that people actually have somewhere they can belong and do God's will. Church is much more than a building, yes, but there is a reason we go to Church every Sunday, sometimes Saturday, sometimes Wednesday [like Champions Centre], because we are here to change people's lives and be a part of God's will in building His kingdom on this earth! There is much to be done, and the second you think that there is "too much" Church or that you don't need to come every week, make sure you keep in mind that God has a plan for His kingdom and [like it or not] you are a part of it. I pray that I never doubt the importance and value of a Church service or event and that I continue to draw people closer to You by inviting them to Church. Lord, I pray you give this generation a passion and a burning fire in their soul to reach out to those who don't know you, not only because we want them to go to heaven and live with You but also so that they live a called life, building our kingdom, and carrying out Your will. Nothing makes us more passionate than being a part of something bigger than ourselves, so we ask that You continue to give us the courage and boldness to step out and touch people's lives. Glory and praise to You forever! Amen.

God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home

About Me


Yo, what up my fellow comrads! I'm Nick :D and as I continue my walk with God I will post blogs of my devotionals and plenty of other things. It's a start, right?

Feel free to comment on what I write cuz it won't always be right haha.

Well, I hope you enjoy what I have to say and this is really for me, so I can keep track of what I write. This will definitely be pretty cool to look at ten years from now to see what I wrote.

Thanks for checkin this out! I love you dudes!

Archive


January 2009 l January 2010 l

Friends




Music


I will have some pretty sweet music soon, don't worry :)

Links


Robert's Blog


Design


Coding and Graphic Design by salcha4u.
However, brush credits DO NOT go to me.